This quote is from a book called On War” by Clausewitz (I’ll call him C from here on). Here’s an analysis of what this means:
– efficiency, not speed is more important
– respect those who are more thorough than just fast
– faster doesn’t always mean better
– in conflict, speed without efficiency means defeat
– respect the variables regarding why a task takes longer to someone who’s physically/mentally challenged
While reading this book, C talkes regarding the theories of war, and his book was unfortunately partially completed at the time he died. His wife and other close people helped complete the later chapters, and his book is regarded one of the best to read if the military is in your plans.